FlashStock is a Content-as-a-Service (CaaS) provider of customized visual content on demand at scale for global brands. Although it’s not a requirement, most employees are interested in photography. Erin, a recent grad from University of Toronto who has only been with the company for a month said she “has felt welcomed by the team since day one”. This is encouraging, particularly for millennials starting out in their career who may be nervous and looking for extra guidance.
Pam on the other hand, who has been with FlashStock since the beginning says she will never return to the corporate world. She prefers the open communication and work/life balance a startup has to offer. According to Pam, FlashStock has a friend-like atmosphere and the team participates together in creative endeavours, art shows, band and dinner parties. She’s even traveling to Iceland with a co-worker next month.
Tips from the hiring team at FlashStock
1. Avoid a generic cover letter and resume! Pam recalls buying a resume template on Etsy to stand out.
2. Never be afraid to take risks. Never settle with status quo. Always be up for a challenge.
3. Avoid the awkward drop in. Online is always preferred. Make the connection by asking for a coffee.
4. Communication skills are incredibly important. You absolutely must be able to write clear and consistent emails and we expect it throughout the interview process.
5. Personality, charisma, thinking on your feet and taking initiative are all very important skills we look for in candidates.
Summary of culture and perks
- Open concept office – employees of all levels work closely together
- Casual environment – you are welcomed to wear jeans and a tee-shirt
- Coffee, lattes, a well-stocked beer fridge
- Events and team outings (i.e. Drake Sky Yard drinks, paintball)
- Flexible holiday policy
- Excellent work life balance
- Located in the heart of downtown Toronto on Spadina and Adelaide
FlashStock is hiring across all positions within the company including sales, marketing, customer success and engineering. They were recently featured in Daily Hive as one of the 11 amazing Toronto companies that are hiring this month.